Humboldt County is located in Northern California and is known for its beautiful redwood forests and coastal landscapes. The county is home to a number of state and national parks, including Redwood National and State Parks, which protect some of the tallest trees on Earth.
Humboldt County is also known for its thriving arts and culture scene. The county is home to a number of galleries, museums, and performance venues, as well as a number of annual festivals and events.
Agriculture is an important industry in Humboldt County, and the county is known for its production of timber, livestock, and crops. The county is also home to a number of breweries, wineries, and distilleries, which produce a variety of locally-made beers, wines, and spirits.
1. Location, Location, Location
Humboldt County is located in Northern California and is known for its beautiful redwood forests and coastal landscapes. The county is home to a number of cities and communities, each with its own distinct character and amenities. Here are a few neighborhoods in Humboldt County that you may want to consider:
1. Eureka: Eureka is the largest city in Humboldt County and is located on the coast. The city is known for its historic Old Town neighborhood, which features Victorian-style houses and a lively downtown area.
2. Arcata: Arcata is a college town located near Humboldt State University. The city is known for its strong sense of community and has a number of neighborhoods with a mix of older and newer homes.
3.McKinleyville: McKinleyville is a suburban community located just north of Arcata. The community is known for its large lots and spacious homes, as well as its access to outdoor recreational opportunities.
4.Fortuna: Fortuna is a small town located in the southern part of Humboldt County. The town is known for its small-town charm and has a number of neighborhoods with a mix of older and newer homes.
5.Trinidad: Trinidad is a small town located on the coast in the northern part of Humboldt County. The town is known for its beautiful coastal setting and has a number of neighborhoods with a mix of older and newer homes.
2. Transportation in Humboldt County
Public transportation in Humboldt County is provided by the Humboldt Transit Authority (HTA), which operates buses throughout the county. The HTA also operates the Redwood Transit System (RTS), which provides intercity bus service between the cities of Eureka, Arcata, and McKinleyville.
Humboldt County also has one main airports, the Arcata-Eureka Airport and the Crescent City Airport which is about 2 hours away. San Francisco airport is 6.5 hours away.. We would opt into the closer options. The county is served by Amtrak's Coast Starlight train, which runs between Los Angeles and Seattle and makes stops in Eureka and Arcata.
For those who prefer to drive, Humboldt County is served by several major highways, including US Highway 101, which runs north-south through the county, and State Route 299, which runs east-west.
Overall, Humboldt County has a range of transportation options available, including public buses, trains, and airports, as well as major highways for those who prefer to drive.
3. Best Schools in Humboldt County
Humboldt County is located in Northern California and is home to a number of school districts, each of which serves a specific area within the county. The quality of schools can vary, so it's important to do your research and consider the specific needs of your child when choosing a school. Here are a few options to consider:
- Eureka City Schools: This district serves the city of Eureka and the surrounding area and includes elementary, middle, and high schools. The district is known for its strong academic programs and support for students.
- Eureka High School: A public high school serving students in grades 9-12.
- Zane Middle School: A public middle school serving students in grades 6-8.
- Grant Elementary School: A public elementary school serving students in grades K-5.
- Winship Middle School: A public middle school serving students in grades 6-8.
- Washington Elementary School: A public elementary school serving students in grades K-5.
2. Arcata Elementary School District: This district serves the city of Arcata and the surrounding area and includes elementary, middle, and high schools. The district is known for its focus on hands-on, experiential learning and its commitment to sustainability.
- Arcata High School: A public high school serving students in grades 9-12.
- Arcata Elementary School: A public elementary school serving students in grades K-8.
- Jacoby Creek School: A public K-8 school located in the nearby community of Bayside.
- Sunny Brae Middle School: A public middle school serving students in grades 6-8.
3. Northern Humboldt Union High School District: This district serves students in northern Humboldt County and includes high schools in the cities of Arcata, Eureka, and McKinleyville. The district is known for its diverse academic programs, including advanced placement and career technical education courses.
5. College of the Redwoods is a community college that offers associate degree and certificate programs in a variety of academic and vocational fields. The college has two main campuses in Eureka and Crescent City, as well as satellite centers in other parts of Humboldt and Del Norte counties. College of the Redwoods also has a strong commitment to workforce development and lifelong learning, and offers a range of classes and programs for students of all ages and backgrounds.
6. Humboldt State University (HSU) is a four-year public university located in Arcata, California, about 10 miles south of Eureka. HSU offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a wide range of disciplines, including the arts, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, and professional fields. The university is known for its strong programs in environmental science, forestry, and marine biology, and has a reputation for its commitment to sustainability and experiential learning.
Ready to Move to Humboldt County?
If you're on the market for real estate in Humboldt County, then you've come to the right place - this is an ideal spot for first-time home buyers looking for a safe, convenient location and stunning homes with plenty of amenities. From highly rated schools, security and safety to a beautiful natural backdrop and easy access to the city, Humboldt County real estate can make your dreams of moving come true. Whether you're looking for a breathtaking retirement spot for your golden years or a brilliant locale to raise a family, there's something perfect here for everyone.
With the market shifting in your favor, what are you waiting for? Contact expert Humboldt real estate agent Christina D'Alessandro at Remax Arcata to find your dream home today!
Planning a visit to Humboldt? Looking for the perfect place to grab a bite to eat or a nice cocktail? Check out this blog for the best restaurants in the area!